Trekking the Hadrian’s Wall Path
Pre-order now. Available Feb/March 2021.
Real OS maps 1:25,000
The definitive two-way guide to the Hadrian’s Wall Path: both eastbound and westbound routes are described in full.
14 different itineraries: schedules of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 days for walkers and runners. Includes both northbound and southbound itineraries. Difficult calculations of time, distance and altitude gain are done for you.
- Extraordinary detail on the history and construction of Hadrian’s Wall
- Section on the unmissable forts of Hadrian’s Wall
- Detailed information on equipment and travelling light
- Everything the trekker needs to know: route, costs, difficulty, weather, travel, and more
- Full accommodation listings: the best inns, B&Bs and hotels
- Information for both self-guided and guided trekkers
- Numbered waypoints linking the Real Maps to our clear descriptions
Hadrian’s Wall was one of the Romans’ most ambitious structures. When completed, it ran for 73 miles between the west and east coasts of Northern England. It crossed the crags and hills of some of Britain’s wildest and most beautiful terrain.
The Hadrian’s Wall path is one of England’s official ‘National Trails’. It leads you on an unforgettable journey of discovery along the route of the Wall. Discover the incredible surviving sections of the Wall and its forts, milecastles and turrets.