- Great Treks of the World
- Trekking Iceland's Laugavegur Trail (& Fimmvörðuháls Trail)
Trekking Iceland's Laugavegur Trail (& Fimmvörðuháls Trail)
The definitive two-way guide to Iceland's Laugavegur Trail (& Fimmvörðuháls Trail): both southbound and northbound routes are described in full.
Real Maps: full mapping inside (1:40,000), made specifically for the treks by Knife Edge Outdoor Guidebooks. All accommodation/campsites are numbered and marked on the maps.
14 different itineraries: schedules of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 days for hikers and runners. Includes both southbound and northbound itineraries. Difficult calculations of time, distance and altitude gain/loss are done for you.
- Detailed information on equipment and travelling light
- Full accommodation/campsite listings
- Everything the trekker needs to know: route, costs, difficulty, weather and more
- Travel to the trail-head
- Essential info for both self-guided and guided trekkers
- Information on the volcanic sights along the route
- Information on plants and wildlife
- History of Iceland
- Numbered waypoints linking the Real Maps to our clear descriptions
Trekking Map: Iceland's Laugavegur Trail (& Fimmvörðuháls Trail)
Available May 2023: Preorder now to get one of the first batch.
Waterproof sheet map for Iceland's Laugavegur Trail (& Fimmvörðuháls Trail): 1:40,000. Includes free GPX downloads for the trails.
The definitive map to Iceland’s two best trails: larger scale and more detail than any other map. Made specifically for the treks by Knife Edge Outdoor Guidebooks.
- Free GPX downloads
- All huts/campsites are marked
- Information on distances, times and altitude gain/loss between huts/campsites
- Hot springs and fumaroles are marked
The Laugavegur Trail is one of the world's most beautiful and aspirational treks. It leads you into the heart of Iceland’s unique ice-capped, volcanic terrain. Experience spectacular and unusual landscapes, the likes of which you will not find anywhere else on the planet. Impressive volcanic peaks are a constant companion and steam gushes from the ground. This is Iceland at its best and it will be an adventure that you will never forget